That sounds a lot like my Web of Trust based DNS suggestion. Link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Meshnet/comments/o3wex/wotdns_web_of_trust_based_domain_name_system

Domain names would not be globally unique, where they go would instead be
based on each individual node's trust ranking for the site's node and for
the nodes that has signed a "vote" for that domain name association.
Communities could set a high level of trust to the same set of trusted
people to make sure domain names used within the community goes to the same
place for all the members.

- Sent from my phone