On 17/08/2014 19:39 pm, Ryan Carboni wrote:
> Or in the case of OpenSSL, no one notices the backdoor as it is
> indistinguishable from an obscure programming error.

The difference between a corporate backdoor and an open source backdoor
is likely that when it is finally discovered, the corporate
embarrassment is still easy enough to suppress:  NDAs are a weapon.

Sunlight is your friend.  The many eyeballs thing doesn't really find
any more bugs, it seems, but it certainly guarantees a scandal.  The
agencies don't go where the sunlight is brightest.