The US Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board will be having a public
all-day meeting on November 12th on exactly this: "Defining Privacy".

http://www.pclob.gov/newsroom/20141020/

I've been to their meetings before, in person here in DC, and I find some
(not all) of the board members to be in sync with many (not all) of the
norms of the privacy and security community.

They've also hosted a number of guests from civil society, on panels and to
submit oral/written questions, that I've been glad to see have a prominent
voice in the process.

-- Eric

konklone.com | @konklone <https://twitter.com/konklone>