I am looking at attacks on Diffie-Hellman.

The protocol implementation I'm looking at designed their diffie-hellman
using 128 bit primes (generated each time, yet P-1/2 will be a prime, so no
go on pohlig-hellman attack), so what attacks are there that I can look at
to come up with either the logarithm x from (a=g^x mod p) or the session key
that is
calculated. A brute force wouldn't work, unless I know the starting range.
Are there any realistic
attacks on DH parameters of this size, or is theoretically based on
financial computation attacks?

Thanks for your time.

Lance James