> The error is:
>> >
>> > Testing MessageDigest algorithm SHA-384.
>> > ..signal BUS (invalid address alignment) in CryptoPP::SHA512::Transform
>> at
>> > line 34 in file "sha.cpp"
>> >    34   #define blk0(i) (W[i] = data[i])
>> This is the one we cannot duplicate. Unfortunately, there's nothing we
>> can do for this one until we can duplicate it.
> The command I used to build cryptopp was:
> CXX=/opt/solarisstudio12.4/bin/CC make -j20

That's interesting. Is make linked to GNU's make? Or another make?

> Can someone, maybe Jeff, please let me know what command was tried to
> reproduce the problem on Solaris 11 SPARC. It may be that I am not building
> cryptopp properly.

The commands I run during smoke testing are either:

  (1) straight gmake    # default C++ compiler
  (2) CXX=.../CC gmake    # SunCC compiler

We added a section at
https://cryptopp.com/wiki/Solaris_(Command_Line)#Default_Make. It shows the
commands and the outputs we see when we run the commands.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Crypto++ Users"
Google Group.
More information about Crypto++ and this group is available at