On Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 10:36:30 PM UTC+1, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> I tired to setup a MinGW testing environment several times but it either (1)
> never worked or (2) broke immediately. On the rare occasions I could compile
> and link I was able to file some MinGW bug reports but they were never
> acknowledged.
>

> I'm happy to try to support it, but we can't do it without folks testing and
> filing the bug reports. Without the testers and the bug reports things will
> likely stay broken.

I'll try testing MinGW again in the coming days. I was very busy in the last
few weeks, but that should get better now.

Gene, what MinGW flavor are you using? The original 32-bit-only one from
mingw.org?

The problem is that there's no threading support in libstdc++ when using native
Windows threads. Compilation works fine for me with the pthreads version of
MinGW-w64. It should also be possible to use a third-party pthreads library
with the original mingw.org MinGW as mentioned here [1], but I've never tried
that yet.

Hopefully it's also possible to distinguish between threading libraries used at
compile time and set CRYPTOPP_CXX11_SYNCHRONIZATION accordingly. I'll look into
that soon.

[1] http://www.mingw.org/wiki/pthreads_library

Marcel