On Monday, November 20, 2017 at 8:46:19 AM UTC-5, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> We added SPECK64 and SPECK128. They are the lightweight block ciphers
> designed by NSA employees. Also see https://iadgov.github.io/simon-speck/.
>
> We tracked the addition though
> https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/issues/538. The commit of interest
> is https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/b9fc470bc78f.

SPECK-128 got an upgrade. It now uses SSSE3 when available. Throughput
increased from about 7.3 cpb to about 3.5 cpb.

The Simon and Speck team have SPECK-128 running around 2.6 cpb, so we have
some room for improvement. I think the 2.6 cpb measurement is from an
machine with AVX or AVX2. We probably won't push into AVX (at least for the
time being).

The commits of interest are
https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/39697d92bfb4 and
https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/e7fee716d68a. The e7fee716d68a
commit is the interesting one because it adds speck-simd.cpp.

Jeff