Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

>     I've just upgraded from an older version to Crypto++ 5.6.5 and my
>     Valgrind is seriously unhappy about it. Even the "cryptest.exe v"
>     command crashes with "Illegal instruction" (details on request) when
>     calling it with
>

> [....]
> We work around it by building Valgrind from sources. Its fairly easy
> once you install the packages "automake autoconf libtool". Also see
> http://valgrind.org/downloads/repository.html.

Hmmm..... I had built valgrind from the "current" source, ie version
3.13 from June 2017.

So now I've upgraded to valgrind-3.14.0.GIT (cloned ten minutes ago) but
it yields the same result. I'm hitting illegal instructions in both
"cryptest.exe" as well as my own software (during ECDSA key generation).

But if nobody else can confirm this I'll probably either re-install and
start from a scratch and/or perform a memory check with another tool and
see what comes up.

Ingo