On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 8:40:36 PM UTC-5, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I've been working on a Power8 implementation using SHA built-ins. The
> PowerPC built-ins are similar to Intel and ARM intrinsics.
> The SHA-256 implementation is at
> https://github.com/noloader/SHA-Intrinsics/blob/master/sha256-p8.cxx .
> The performance is awful. It is slower than our C++ implementation. The
> README has the numbers for comparison at
> https://github.com/noloader/SHA-Intrinsics .
> If anyone has experience with PPC and Power8 built-ins then please take a
> look at it. I'm out of ideas for making it run faster.

We managed to just about double the speed. We were storing a scalar from a
vector and it crushed performance.

  * Little-endian is running faster than C++. I still think it is off by
about 1-2 cpb.

  * Big-endian is running slower than C++. I think it is off by about 3-4

Big-endian still needs help.

You received this message because you are subscribed to "Crypto++ Users". More
information about Crypto++ and this group is available at
http://www.cryptopp.com and