Hi Jeff,

thanks for your answer.

Patches are always welcomed.

> We don't bust balls over the trivial stuff like formatting. If you can
> move the library forward then we are happy to evaluate it.

I'm happy to provide a patch / pull request, if I have a solution that
benefits the project. However I'm not as experienced with Crypto++,
cryptography and c++ in general as many of you probably are. So spamming
bad / inappropriate patches onto the project might not be the best...
That's why I wanted to get my understanding right and some comments first.

Looking into the issue a little more, I figured that the corresponding
*.cpp files themselves are included elsewhere. Basically e.g. "algebra.cpp"
in fact seems to be more like a header than a source. One way to get rid of
the issue would be renaming "algebra.cpp" to something like
"algebra_impl.h". Would you view this as a useful change? Why is it a cpp
after all?

Try:

>   * https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/3dcceb55f57c
>   * https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/0cee6f01f010

This solution would work as well. However IMHO it looks more like a
workaround than solving the original issue, which is VisualStudio compiling
algebra.cpp because it is a cpp...

Jan