On Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 5:32:44 AM UTC-4, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've noticed the wiki is going down sporadically. I've seen it happen
> twice in the last week or so. Today I noticed it happened again between
> 12:00 AM EST and 5:00 AM EST.

I think we got things under control. We were getting a lot of requests from
bots and spiders an other crawlers. Apache demands increased which, in
turn, caused low memory conditions on the VM. The OOM killer then killed
the MySQL process which knocked the wiki offline.

We reduced Apache resource in the prefork.c config file and tuned some PHP
caches. It looks like it is holding for the moment.

Jeff