Hi,

I modify simpmap to see if I was able to load a .max (3ds) file.

I copy my max file to data/partsys, the directory where simpmap look for
files.

I changed the simpmap LoadMap file to this:

bool Simple::LoadMap ()
{
  // Set VFS current directory to the level we want to load.
  csRef<iVFS> VFS (csQueryRegistry<iVFS> (GetObjectRegistry ()));
  VFS->ChDir ("/lev/partsys");
  // Load the level file which is called 'world'.
  if (!(loader->Load ("race_track_fin.max")).success)
    ReportError("Error couldn't load level!");

  return true;
}

When I run the program now, I get the following error:

crystalspace.maploader.parse:  Model file not recognized
(race_track_fin.max)!

How can I know if the .max file that I'm using is compatible with CS?

PS.: I try to follow what is described in
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual/Model-Loading.html#0, but
since I'm using trunk I adapt the code to the new API (I guess I do it
right). When compiling this there is also a warning saying that iLoader is
deprecated, what should I use in replacement of this interface?

Thanks and best regards,
Carlos.