Did you use the syntax that Ido specified?

In order to have srcds_run auto-update when the CS:GO dedicated
servers get patched, the srcds_run script must be run with the
following options: -autoupdate -steam_dir STEAMDIR -steamcmd_script
STEAMSCRIPT
        where STEAMDIR is the directory to the steamcmd dir ( example:
~/Steam/ )
        where STEAMSCRIPT is the name of the script that steamcmd
should execute ( example: ~/Steam/csgo.txt )