i just know, that the massive ddos attacks are gone for us after they introduced the change of the a2s_rules and the 3 new CVAR ( host_name_store - host_info_show - host_players_show ) and by setting "sv_max_queries_sec" to default ( 3 ). And know, exactly since the last update, we got very huge ddos attacks. we had to turn off two servers now. :/

So noone thinks there could be a correlation?