I’m reminded that there is a major coming up.  We won’t be shipping this change
before the end of the major.

From: Fletcher Dunn
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:07 AM
To: csgo_servers@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Compatibility test for incoming change (LAST TIME)

Last time!  The zip at the link below has the binaries we’re going to ship
soon, probably next week.  I am not aware of any problems anybody has had with
the most recent test.  If I missed anybody’s feedback, let me know.

http://media.steampowered.com/apps/730/steam_bins_test_20180111.zip

When the update is released you *shouldn’t* have to take any special action,
whether you participate in this test or not.  The updater should put down the
latest copies of all the files, and delete a few old files that are no longer
needed.

- Fletch