Could you open task manager and see if the server is using a full core/thread when it is experiencing lag?

Also make sure the CPU is running at 3.10 GHz while the server is experiencing lag. I remember helping somebody with performance issues on Windows Server 2012 and the issue was power saver mode being activated. This caused the CPU to be clocked at 1.6 GHz (or something around there).

I hope this helps!

Thanks.