I personally use them for almost everything. Administration, rules, logs,
gamemode configs, user settings, forums, messages, stats, ban/kick messages,
welcome motd, tracking.
>From a game server you can parse authentication keys for auto logins. Have
>sites rcon commands back to complete rich server integrations.
Selecting players models is great example. !model shows a page. Select a team.
All the models are displayed with gifs of the models. Selecting a model rcons
back to the server and the players model changes.
Administrating servers with !players which shows all players with steam
profiles and options for kicking ect.
Some of us have hundreds of hours in codebases with hundreds of thousands of
lines of code (sourcepawn, php, mysql, html, css, javascript) that create
incredibly unique gamemodes and administration that now dont function at all.
It would be great to see HTML windows instead of a dodgy MOTD window popup
hacks to display rich server content.
I would personally love to see a ShowMOTDPanel equivalent like ShowHTMLPanel
which takes a URL that doesnt need a dodgy popup call in javascript to show the
URL. It could open the URL in the steam overlay with the standard Valve
redirection warning page so the user can click to redirect or close the tab.
This would stop players being forced adds in a way that you cant even see them
which spam sound and generate illegal revenue.
It would allow players to shift tab back into the game and leave browser tabs
open to bounce back to.
Valve please consider the above. You could use this to create your own
integrations and gives us more control and players a safer experience while
squashing the dodgy ad providers.
Plz plz plz dont make me depressed by hitting delete on years spent coding my
administration panels.
    On Saturday, 28 July 2018, 6:04:26 am AEST, James F <finchjam...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 In my eyes, advertisements aren't really a major problem in the csgo scene,
loud obnoxious ones are. The way to counter would be to just have it so that
videos with sound don't play automatically just like in the new chromium update.
My servers are heavily dependent on web commands and adding a button is an
amazing counter but it just doesn't cut it in my eyes.
On Fri, 27 Jul 2018, 8:44 pm Mark Schieldrop, <m...@schieldrop.us> wrote:

Sure, but when the ethically minded people are outnumbered by a large margin,
it’s understandable why they’d choose to get rid of it even if it affects the
few who used it appropriately.

From: <csgo_servers@list.valvesoftware.com> on behalf of Will Graham
<wgra...@cevo.com>
Date: Friday, July 27, 2018 at 3:05 PM
To: "csgo_servers@list.valvesoftware.com" <csgo_servers@list.valvesoftware.com>
Subject: RE: [Csgo_servers] PanoramaUI community server issue update July 26th
motdfile

Please do not assume that everyone on this list (or everyone that’s used MOTD
panels) was doing so maliciously or for commercial gain.  Some of us using them
ethically are penalized by this change as well.

Will Graham

CEVO Inc