What is being tackled here is the amplification factor

https://github.com/Phenomite/AMP-Research/tree/master/Port%2027015%20(%2B%20more%20ports)%20-%20SRCDS%20(Arma3%2C%20Gmod%2C%20CSGO%2C%20etc)

that means an attacker with a 100mbps connection at hand that allows
spoofing could use srcds servers to achieve a 500mbps reflected attack
towards a target

big packets means the same attacker with a 100mbps connection would end up
being able to only attack the target with potentially even less mbps then
what he already had access to