Game update 1.38.5.2 introduced several Linux libraries compiled with GCC-5 or
later. While we didn't expect any ABI incompatibilities, some community
dedicated server systems needed to update their libstdc++ installation.
Generally speaking, if your dedicated server is running on an older Linux OS,
you should be able to recompile your libraries with a more recent version of
GCC and add your library path to LD_PRELOAD. For example, libraries recompiled
with GCC-9.3.0 worked well on CentOS7 for some community server operators.

Going forward, we are planning to update our Linux compiler toolchain for
dedicated servers with more recent libraries. Future libraries update will bump
the requirements up to glibc 2.31 (Ubuntu 20.04 / Debian 11), that's why we are
reaching out to community server operators now and advising to upgrade
production Linux OS installations ahead of time.

The best option for operating community dedicated servers will be to host a
Docker container on your Linux OS, even though running servers in an 'as is'
fashion on a suitably recent Linux distribution with recent libraries might
also work.

A future update to our dedicated servers will be compiled against the sniper
platform runtime, which we already publish here:
  https://gitlab.steamos.cloud/steamrt/sniper/platform/container_registry/95

Using the sniper image runtime on community dedicated servers has the advantage
that we will build our dedicated servers exactly for this target, and as long
as the host Linux OS can run this Docker container, server operators will not
have to deal with any ABI compatibility issues.

We recommend that server operators should start preparing to run community
dedicated servers using a suitable Linux OS & Docker solution. Server operators
should be able to start using the sniper runtime image now, which is available
here:
  https://gitlab.steamos.cloud/steamrt/sniper/platform/container_registry/95
... just run the current dedicated servers in it, and this will guarantee that
your dedicated servers will be ready to run future updates when they are
released.

GL HF!