Hi,

Les Nagy wrote:
Hello all:

I have just compiled all the required dependencies for cspace and it seems to run, for a bit. It loads up, generates a key, and can add contacts and connect to them. I can receive text, but the person on the other end cannot see my messages. The other person is using the windows client. It also randomly crashes with errors like: python: Objects/funcobject.c:442: func_dealloc: Assertion `g->gc.gc_refs != (-2)' failed.
Aborted

and

python: Modules/gcmodule.c:275: visit_decref: Assertion `gc->gc.gc_refs != 0' failed.
Aborted
Are you using Python 2.5 by any chance ?
Sreeram recently tried to use CSpace with Python 2.5 on a windows box and
had very similar gc assertion failures.
I've been running CSpace on Ubuntu Edgy with Python 2.4 for quite some time now.

and

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/les/CSpace/cspace/test/cspace_testapplet.py", line 4, in ?
  from nitro.qtreactor import QtReactor
ImportError: No module named qtreactor
That seems to be a typo in cspace_testapplet.py
(Or rather a relic from the Qt3 days :-) )
changing that line to
"from nitro.qt4reactor import Qt4Reactor as QtReactor" should help,
but a cursory look at the file reveals many more things that need to be changed. btw, cspace_testapplet is just a small little applet to test the applet system in CSpace,
none really uses it, so its suffered from some bitrot.

Any ideas?

I am very interested in seeing this project succeed and for Linux especially. I would like to offer a full blown forums for discussion and development, a server to host all the required dependencies and hopefully linux binaries and rpms/debs and whatever other packages people can help provide.

Thanks for any help, and I am really serious about providing these services for free to get this project further ahead.

Les Nagy

[jeethu;]