I actually just used this! Thank you.

s.

On 2020-05-11 11:07 a.m., Eric A. Meyer wrote:
This is a fun tip for those of you who may have missed it:

https://twitter.com/chriscoyier/status/1257736705387270145

I plan to use it myself in an addition to the CSS for my newish design:

blockquote {white-space: pre;}
blockquote br {display: none;}

This will let me use blockquotes to quote both prose and poetry without having to use <br>s for the latter-- while not blowing up the layout of old blockquotes where I DID scatter <br>s all over, because I wrote them a decade or two ago when that was necessary.

(I'm also posting to see if I can track down the source of some troublesome off-list traffic, but that genuinely is a trick I thought you'd all appreciate, and I'd be interested to hear if there are any problems with it.)

--
Eric A. Meyer - http://meyerweb.com/

Sandy
sandyfeldman.com