On my site, http://leszek.swirski.co.uk/, I made a page to tabularise linear
equations and perform the simplex algorithm upon them (hopefully there's at
a few mathematicians here who understood that).

Anyway, my problem is that I need to use subscripts for the header row. I
tried the <sub> tag, but that resulted in the non-subscript letters being
misaligned. So, I overrode to vertical-align in the CSS, and changed it to
position:relative.

Here is where the strangeness started. On IE (I haven't checked Mozilla
yet), while the page loads, the subscripts are about an inch away from where
they should be. When they finish loading, they jump to their correct place.
Could anyone help me understand what this is?

HTML:   http://leszek.swirski.co.uk/maths/simplex

You need to stick an inequality in there, e.g. P > y to see the subscripts

CSS:    http://leszek.swirski.co.uk/styles/screen/base.css

            http://leszek.swirski.co.uk/styles/screen/hacks.css

            http://leszek.swirski.co.uk/styles/screen/colour.css

(All three are imported by another stylesheet)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help (or even just looks at it)

- Leszek

[EMAIL PROTECTED]