Hi Adam, I enjoyed looking at your site. I don't understand what it is you want to do. What is wrong with the format that you have established on the first page?. Arnie Shafer ----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Wick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <css-d@lists.css-discuss.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 3:38 PM
Subject: [css-d] A Photo Gallery/Online Journal with CSS

Hello, all!

My name is Adam Wick, and I have recently made a trip to Augsburg, Germany with a group of students from the University of Pittsburgh. Part of the requirement for the course was to keep an online journal of our daily happenings. Now that I'm back in the States, I have some spare time to play with layouts. So far, the best thing that I've been able to come up with can be seen here:

http://adam.lylix.net/germany/day_1.html

I don't think that this layout is particularly stunning, but so far, it's been getting the job done. I think each image I post should have a caption (though alt and title tags might be good enough if I made sure to tell the visitors to my site that they should mouse over each picture for full effect), and I have lots of paragraphs of text that are related to each image. I created day_1 starting from images, so the text exactly matches each image. Later, though, as the deadline for the text of my journal loomed ever nearer, I began to write text-only pages (for a rough version, check http:// adam.lylix.net/germany/day_10.html) so that I could submit them on time. You see, now I have lots of paragraphs that I have to match pictures to. It's kind of stupid, but that's how it's been happening.

I was frustrated with my layout because of how many divs I had to use just to get the job done. . . :(

I took approximately 700 photos in Germany (with about 300 of them turning out to be "good", in my admittedly amateur opinion), so I want to make sure to include as many as possible into my writings.

To make a long story longer, do any of you have any great ideas or links to pages with layouts that would be particularly excellent for this application?

Yours under the banner of CSS,
Adam Wick