> > I don't think that this layout is particularly stunning, but so far,
> > it's been getting the job done.  I think each image I post should
> > have a caption (though alt and title tags
> 
> Do you mean alt and title attributes?
> 
> > might be good enough if I made sure to tell the visitors to my
> > site that they should mouse over each picture for full effect)
> 
> Which is rather problematical for users who don't use a mouse.

And annoying for those who do. The alt attribute houses the text
replacement for the images, the title attribute extra information.
However, if your image does need extra information, a caption is a
good idea. Sadly enough HTML has no out-of-the-box solution for that.
 -- 
Chris Heilmann 
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com
Writing: http://icant.co.uk/  
Binaries: http://www.onlinetools.org/
______________________________________________________________________
css-discuss [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d
List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Reply via email to