Sean Montgomery wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry if the subject was not descriptive enough as I Have no idea what
to call the bug.

I am having a problem with IE, of course, and I can not seem to figure
out why.  I have narrowed my code down to a bare minimum to rule out
errors I may have caused.  I have validated the code.  You can see the
result here:

http://gnomemonastery.com/my_files/bug.html

The code will be at the end of this email.  The problem is that for
each block (.leftBlock) IE is pulling the text over a little to the
left.  So that by the end my text is way out of it container.  I spent
several hours trying to find a something online that would have
explained it but to no avail.

The problem is caused by 1 of 3 things because when I remove any of
thsoe three things the problem goes away.<snip>

Big John has documented this bug. You may see the write-up at <http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/creep.html>

cheers,

gary
--
Anyone can build a usable web site.  It takes a graphics designer to
make it slow, confusing, and painful to use.