> From: Pringle, Ron
>
> ...I don't see the logic or reason behind the use of a
> definition list for numbered paragraphs. As you have it now,
> the <dt> has little meaning or relation to the <dd>.
> SNIP
> Better yet, designate each number as a header (<h2>, <h3>,
> whatever) and
> follow it with the paragraph. I think the header/paragraph
> would make the
> most sense in a non-visual way.

David,

When I was managing a large collection of policy and instructional
documents (where the authors of the original MS Word versions just
loved numbered paragraphs) I used a H4 & P combo as suggested by Ron.

I agree with him that, sematically, your DL method is less than optimal.
You really should *describe* the document elements with your markup,
not just use what allows pleasing appearance in some output media.

This part of the discussions is off-topic though, so I don't think
we can progress it here. webdesign-l is a place where you will get
considered and practices opinions on the markup choices that could
best suit your purpose, and which may also allow for styling the
output in ways that satisfy your desire for a certain layout.
http://www.webdesign-l.com/

--
Peter Williams