At 22:08 on 2005/07/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jon Trelfa) wrote:

> I'm Mac-ignorant....
>
> I know that I can use Konqueror in Linux to test what websites will
> look like in Safari...but it's my understanding that it only covers
> more recent versions of Safari?  Do I assume that *most* Mac users
> have OSX?  Is there a percentage still using OS9?  If so, what do I
> use to test pages for them?  Do I test different versions of Safari as
> I would different versions of IE and Netscape?  What versions would be
> the most prevalent?

Safari Versions:

1.03 (OS 10.2.8)
1.3  (OS 10.3.9)
2.x  (OS 10.4.x)

In my experience, the rendering differences are minor. I wouldn't bother
testing on anything below 1.03. One of the Safari developers has a blog:

<http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/hyatt/>

with good information about Safari.

The latest version of IE for OS 9 is 5.1.7 and is most likely the browser of
choice for OS 9 users. Some OS 9 users opt for Wamcom:

<http://wamcom.org/>

Which I believe is based on 1.3.x Mozilla, but that's a pretty small crowd at
this point.

-Steve

--
Steve Axthelm