Melissa,

At 06:25 AM 7/11/2005, Craddock, Melissa wrote:
I am using a expanding menu based on http://www.gazingus.org/html/menuExpandable.html The menu uses <li> for the items. There is a very small amount of javascript. I would like to have the menu print expanded even though it is collapsed on the screen.

In addition to the problems and solutions already mentioned, I note that in three places-- CSS, JS and HTML-- you are setting the background image for the LI you use; I would question whether that duplication is necessary; I think its a hangover from your testing. Also, an alternative to using a background image, is to use "list-style-image", details @ http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/generate.html#propdef-list-style-image. (Which may not be widely supported by a sufficient number of browsers? Or maybe it is. See http://nanobox.chipx86.com/browser_support.php)

However, as the image you show for the printed output of FF shows, you are getting repeated instances of the background image on the printout, because in your JS (and in the in-line style used in the HTML), you do not restate what the CSS shows, to wit "no-repeat 0em 0.3em". Also, of course, it is not necessary to say "0em", as "0" can be unitless in CSS.

d.
David William House
    AllHear, Inc.
    P.O. Box 330 / 23022 Yeary Lane N.E.
    Aurora, OR 97002-0330 USA
    (503) 266-6730 (voice) / (503) 266-6418 (fax)
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (e-mail)
    http://www.AllHear.com (corporate web site)

      "Make no search for water.
        But find thirst,
      And water from the very ground will burst."
             (Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in Delight of Hearts, p. 77)