At 12:40 12-07-05, Sebastian Redl wrote:

>You can check your style sheet carefully for syntax errors that would
>make the UA ignore your styles, because as you have them now, they're
>correct and should override the earlier styles.

That's what I thought. Rebooting seemed to help, now I can make the
line 5 underline go away but this next bit defies explanation (by me):

This coding works:

#order a:link {
        text-decoration: none;
        font-weight: 900;
        font-style: italic;
        }
#order a:active
        {
        text-decoration: none;
        font-weight: 900;
        font-style: italic;
        }
#order a:visited {
        text-decoration: none;
        font-weight: 900;
        font-style: italic;
        }
#order a:hover {
        text-decoration: none;
        font-weight: 900;
        font-style: italic;
        }

but this coding does not work:

#order a:link {
        text-decoration: none;
        font: 900 italic;
        }
#order a:active
        {
        text-decoration: none;
        font: 900 italic;
        }
#order a:visited {
        text-decoration: none;
        font: 900 italic;
        }
#order a:hover {
        text-decoration: none;
        font: 900 italic;
        }

The underline is still gone (after rebooting) but the text is not
bold nor is it italicized. Any ideas what is going on with this?

If I do

#order a:link a:visited a:hover a:active {
        text-decoration: none;
        font: 900 italic;
        }

then nothing here has any effect, all the earlier styles apply themselves
to the new link.

A thought, I am using <span></span> tags to give different bits of
text in the div#order link different colors, could that be interfering
with the shorthand?

Reese

--
http://www.inkworkswell.com