i'm trying to prove a friend wrong that his table/css design is not the way to do it... so I took it upon myself to show him how its done with pure css, and now i'm stuck.. heh.

I've got it all set up, minus the left and right side bars on the middle row.

http://www.skeymedia.com/tonyx/

the table version is on the left. (and uses the linked style sheet)
my css version is on the right. (and uses the in-line style sheet)

looks the same in both IE6/pc and firefox/pc

the floated popup_left and popup_right classes simply aren't filling the entire height.

any suggestions?