Rebecca Cox wrote:
Hi there,

I've been fiddling with a sort of combo of the htc-enabled dropdowns
(http://www.bbd.com/stylin/) and suckerfish II
(http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/example/) and have it
all sweet except for a problem with, err, IE6 / Win;(

See

http://www.reb.net.nz/htc/

It appears that where a list item in the dropdown has a child list (ie a
dropdown menu), in IE when you hover over it, there's a bit of space added
under the parent list item.

Anyone seen this before & know of a solution?

Cheers
Rebecca

<ul>
<li id="one">
                <ul>
                </ul>
</li>
</ul>

I think the problem IE has with this construkt is the display: block of the link. Whatever I have tried to minimize the following ul, it adds some space beyond the link, and the usual suspects/adepts like giving a dimension to the link, space/nospace didn't work here on my side (can't test all combinations).

You can try

#navigation a {
  margin: 0pt;
  padding: 4px 5px;
  display: block;
  _display: inline-block; /*test*/
  text-decoration: none;
  width: 150px;
  }

and you'll have to rearrange the positioning for IE. Once it worked, you should enclose the hacks in a conditional comments section.

hth, Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html