Matt Lemay wrote:

Hi all this will be my first post on this list. I am having a problem with a site I am building mostly using css. There is a left side navigation bar that is made up of .gif's, the last one having a height of 100% so it resizes with the content. The problem is it resizes irregularly sometimes not expanding all the way to the bottom, sometimes leaving a lot of unwanted open space after the last div. I have tried everything i can think of but nothing has worked. Any ideas?
The site is here:
http://www.lpcapitalinvestments.com/118eharvard.html

and the external style sheet can be viewed here:
http://www.lpcapitalinvestments.com/styles.css

thanks for your help

You know...your HTML is invalid. I'd suggest making it valid HTML 4.0 at least (at this point, it's not even valid HTML 3.2).

Oh, one suggestion, even though it's off-topic...using the attributes onmouseover and onmouseout is usually a bad idea. You do know you can assign events to HTML tags without using the attributes, right? Try starting here: http://www.quirksmode.org/js/introevents.html .

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!