On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:01:46 -0400, Eric A. Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

@server constants {
   baseColor: #ABCDEF;
   hiliteColor: #0DECAF;
   baseFont: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;
}
 body {font: small baseFont;}
a:link {color: baseColor;}
a:hover {color: hiliteColor;}

Perhaps I am just not as worldly as others (of of limited brain capacity), but I am having trouble seeing how the above would differ from this:

html, body{color:#ABCDEF; font-family:Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;}/*or just body*/
a{color:#FDECAF;}/*even necessary?*/
a:hover{color:#0DECAF;}

I can see where hiliteColor might be handy, but still, why not just define it where needed? I am very familiar with the server side include concept as I use ColdFusion frequently, but given the setup requirements for this, it doesn't seem very universal...

Enlightenment need.

TIA

--
Tom Livingston