> I have removed everything extra from the code it will now
> validate and it
> still having a problem in IE here is the link to the new test
> file. I still
> have an extra space under each list item in my nav now the
> only thing on the
> test page is the nav I have removed all other elements.
> http://www.shi-ni.com/nav.htm

Jon-

add display:inline; to your #leftContainer li and move your
text-align:right; to #leftContainer li a.

That should fix it.

You could also simply eliminate the whitespace in your sourcecode between
each <li> item. This will also eliminate it.

I don't recall the exact reasons for this bug. Perhaps someone else can
chime in on the why portion.

Regards,
Ron