Thursday, September 8, 2005, 7:09:44 PM, Rutgers wrote:
> I would like to set the table width to 100% (done) and each table cell to
> specified percentage width that adds up to the 100%.

No need to set the width of the cells since each will contain the same
sized element.

> I can't used % to set the width of the <input type="text" /> to the same
> percentage as it then only occupies a percentage of the cell.

So set each INPUT to width:100%.  I would also use a border on the table
cells and remove the border from the INPUTs, this will look a bit more nice
(but maybe not appear as editable, though the user should get the edit
cursor when mousing over).  See: http://mrclay.org/tests/spreadsheet.html

Steve
--
http://mrclay.org/ : http://frenchhorns.mrclay.org/