Justin,

I think I have an answer (might not be the best as I am learning also) as I
was helped recently with related problems by Georg. It seems in ie6 there is
a 'hasLayout' mechanism that has to be triggered which can be solved without
a hack as css compliant browsers already deal with in the same fashion
(those of you with knowledge please correct me as I am sure I am wrong).

Anyway, I just made
ul#navSub a {
display: block;
text-align: center;
padding: 8px;
border-bottom: 1px solid #666;
}

into

ul#navSub a {
display: block;
text-align: center;
padding: 8px;
border-bottom: 1px solid #666;
width: 120px;
}

and it worked find in both ie 6.x and ff 1.0.6

I hope that helps and that I am not that far off,
Scot