Hi all,

I have a strange problem and I dont' know if I will explain it all that
clearly, but here goes:

I am working on a design that has a problem on certain computers (dell
laptops within the company) at certain dpis in ie 6.x windows xp. If I view
the design in ff 1.0.6 there are no problems and up until the last changes
(see below) (so that the news and products areas would be in the correct
area) it worked fine on ie 6.x (desktop and laptops (96dpi)). If the site
looks correct at 96dpi on a desktop, in my experience, it works fine at
120dpi also (very hard to duplicate problem). I made some ie hacks to change
the width of the news and featured products areas and they now (even at
120dpi) are in the corect position, but have created a gap (don't think this
is the infamous 3-gap bug (but could be)) that looks to be 2 pixels? But
maybe only 1 pixel on the laptops with problems at 120dpi.

url: http://www.rell.com/test/components.asp
css that contains problems: http://www.rell.com/test/style/global1.css (the
part that begins the body portion, around line 250)

pic on laptop 120dpi: http://www.rell.com/test/120dpi.jpg
pic after "fix": http://www.rell.com/test/small_gap.jpg

Fixes I added to get it to "work":
/* Hide from IE5-mac. Only IE-win sees this. \*/
* html #body #body-right {
width: 198px;
}
/* End hide from IE5/mac */

/* Hide from IE5-mac. Only IE-win sees this. \*/
* html #body #body-right .row .colInfo {
width: 171px;
}
/* End hide from IE5/mac */

Sorry if this post is confusing!

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Scot