Hello to everyone. I am new to this list - just found out about it today while doing some research on css problems. Thought I would give asking for help here a try.

I am building a site and on several pages I am using top and bottom borders to highlight section headings. All is well on Netscape & FF (Win) and Safari, FF, Netscape & Opera (Mac). However, in IE6/Win the borders do not appear. A link to one of the pages is:

http://www.housecallcs.com/newWeb/pages/services.htm

the same problem occurs on the About Us page. The home page uses the borders, but they show up. The only difference between the two heading, is that on the Services & About Us page, I use a negative text-indent & a first-child, neither of which are used on the home page. The CSS that includes the border, negative text indent, and first-letter sizing is:

#holder h3 {
    margin-top:10px;
    font-size:1.125em;
    text-indent:-0.9em;
    color:#993233;
    letter-spacing:.25em;
    border-top:3px double #245397;
    border-bottom:3px double #245397;
    }

#holder h3:first-letter {
    font-size:1.25em;
    }

Any ideas on how I can get the borders to show in IE6? Can I change the CSS, or do I need a hack?

BTW, my XHTML and CSS validate (I do have a question on that, but I will wait on it).

Thanks for any help you can give me.