Ok, working on my third CSS styled site and have hit a major snafu. First two render well enough in FF, NS, and MSIE/Win [1]. Have not checked them in other browsers.
The current project [2] renders fine in MSIE/Win but is completely out of whack in FF or Netscape. Not sure why the difference between the first two sites and this one. In all honesty, the first two are even a bit more complex. None of the three do anything fancy. CSS validates good at the W3C site. Any help, suggestions, or comments are appreciated. The current project validates (at the W3C site) as strict XHTML 1.0 except for the two items below and the CSS validates good. As an aside and since I am here, I tried validating the xhtml of the current project and get a bunch of errors/warnings about not using target="_blank" with links. I know target= is not supposed to be used but I do _not_ want links to other sites opening in the same window. I also get a bunch of errors/warnings for using <a href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]&subject=The Indigo Connection Website">. Seems it does not like the last part where it fills in the subject for the user. Again, just a personal preference but I want to be able to fill in the subject line on mailto. It makes things much easier for the client and the user can always change the subject if they want to. Is there any way to keep the functionality of these two items and have valid xhtml? I am on digest so any direct replies would be greatly appreciated. [1] http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/index.php the other site is not yet live on the net. [2] page: http://www.copperpennydesigns.com/tic/index.htm css: http://www.copperpennydesigns.com/tic/css/indigoc-screen.css http://www.copperpennydesigns.com/tic/css/indigoc-print.css Thanks much, Joseph L. Hodge www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com "'Ignorantque datos, ne quisquam serviat, enses.' And they are ignorant that the purpose of the sword is to save every man from slavery." - Lucanus (A.D. 39-65), De Bello Civili ______________________________________________________________________ css-discuss [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/ Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
