Arno,

on Thursday, September 29, 2005 at 15:32 Arno @ Raketnet wrote:

> Is it possible to create a css-based dropdown menu with a scrollbar?
> I'm revamping a website which has some (very) long submenu lists, which I
> don't all want to show when the dropdown drops down.
> Can the overflow: auto specification be added to a ul selector?

You could do that, but IMHO you shouldn't. First you may run into some
Firefox/Mozilla quirks with events over scrollable areas, and second:
Isn't it hard enough for the user to deal with the menus? Shall they
struggle with scrollbars in the menu too?

If you want my advice: Rethink the navigation structure. Keep it
simple and use breadcrumps.

regards

  Martin