[Resending, as original didn't appear on list - apologies for duplicates]

Hi everyone,

Here's an IE6 problem I would appreciate your opinion on...

I'm trying to create a page with:

 1) a header which expands it's height to the size of its content (also with
100% width)
 2) an iframe which fills the remainder of the viewport

The iframe can have scrollbars (depending on it's content), but the parent
page should not (unless the window is /really/ small).

I've implemented this with a simple 2 row table, where: html, body, the
table, the iframe, and the iframe's tr are all height="100%"; and the
header's tr height isn't specified.

This works fine in Firefox (1.5b1) and Opera (8.5), but IE adds a vertical
scrollbar the height of the header. See my test page here:
http://tall.conted.ox.ac.uk/testarea/david/iframe.html

It seems that when height="100%" on a td, looks to the table as containing
block, rather than the tr.

Could anyone confirm my observations and/or find a way to make it work in
IE?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Balch.          | Web developer.
T: +44 (0)1865 280979 | Technology-Assisted Lifelong Learning.

TALL, OUDCE and the University of Oxford accept no legal responsibility for
the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are only those
of the author and not those of TALL, or OUDCE, or the University of Oxford.
If this email has come to you in error please delete it and any attachments