Many thanks Christian,

It's certainly off-putting when the pages showed without the warnings and then suddenly, boom!

David sent a link to a previous post which I hadn't received explaining the warnings.

Now I've gone through them and yes you are quite right, about the warnings and my CSS is fine.

Thank you again, it's certainly good to have something confirmed.

Regards
8-)
Vicki

At 03:15 PM 25/10/2005, you wrote:
> The answer to put a background color into everything doesn't quite work for
> me, when I get the error:
> 'You have no background-color with your color : p '

Vicki, that's not an error, it's a warning. And warnings do not mean
that your page doesn't validate.

To be more specific, that particular warning is a bug. The validator
can't actually see that your page has the correct colors. It just sees
that a property is not defined. But if you know that your pages look
correct, even with images disabled, then you've heeded the warning,
and there's no need to worry.

--
C Montoya - I hate dash dash
rdpdesign.com ... liquid.rdpdesign.com ... montoya.rdpdesign.com