At 14:40 +0200 27/10/05, Erik Visser wrote:
>So what I 'am asking myuself since then:
>- what things to find in the DTD
>- what things to find in the other part of the recommendation
>- what to find else where
>
>Is there some kind of guideline or something like that somewhere?

Start from the css-d wiki

    http://css-discuss.incutio.com/

and move out from there

    http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=UsefulResources
    http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=GoodBooks

>>From this point of view I guess the starting point of design should be:
>- not to get realized whats in my head
>- but rather the possibilities (without hacks) should be the starting
>point (off course with a certain design in mind)

If hacks make possible what you dream of, then you should feel to use
hacks. Just as long as you are aware of the implications of
committing yourself to such a path.

>Maybe there are even places that list browser bugs and explain the work
>arounds (while avoiding hacks off course).

Well, apart from conditional comments for IE or double-wrapping a box
to overcome the box model, the only workarounds for the other
browsers is to do it differently.

Anyhow, css-d people, can this thread end now? We've done it to death
a thousand times already. Unless of course someone has something
spectacularly useful, insightful and practical to add ;)

Alex
css-d moderator