[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have a series of background images.....for example
>
> http://www.blue-fly.co.uk/test/who_we_are_03.jpg
>

> As you can see, the images contain some headings (who we are, what
> we do) that are part of the background image(not HTML) . I would
> like to insert text that when the style sheet is switched off
> replaces these images.
>
> These are headings are an image as the client thinks they look
> better than HTML.
>
> The problem is using image replacing techniques... #container span
> {display: none;} or one of the more advanced techniques
> (leathy/langridge) I have used all the common tags (<span>, <P>,
> <B>) in the #container.
>
> Do we have a way of creating custom tags in CSS (<mytag>)?? Or can
> we create extra paragraph tags <P5>, <P6> so I can use this
> technique.

give the container to be replaced a specific class or ID.

for example:
#container span.title {display: none}

and in the html add:

personally I'd have had those images of headlines out of the
background and into the html as headings absolutely positioned (with
appropriate IR technique to replace with Hx text when images off.

hth

;o)