Monday, November 7, 2005, 7:08:22 AM, Adriano Castro wrote:
> It's a bit of a conundrum because I need "display: inline" for both
> elements to begin on the same line but

Not necessarily.  Blocks can be on the same line, too.

>>> Title
>>> Subtitle               date
>>>                        link

All you need to do is float:left the Subtitle header (and give it a width
to keep it from running into Date).  Date and Link are both just
regular blocks with text-align:right; and normal flow will take take of the
rest.

If Subtitle is larger text than Date and you want their baselines to match
up, you'll have to increase the line-height of Date.

Steve
--
http://mrclay.org/ : http://thefrenchhorns.com/