Tim Burgan wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm using image replacement on a H1 element. The problem I'm having
is that the content under the H1 is fine in Firefox, but is pushed
much further down the page in IE6. An example shows it clearly:

 > HTML: <http://timburgan.com/css-test/index.htm>
 > CSS: <http://timburgan.com/css-test/css/style.css>
 >
 > Is this a common issue, because I always seem to run into it?
 > Does anyone have any ideas as to what this is caused by and how to
overcome this?

I think you might need a unit on the height  and width values for a start:

h1,
h2
{
    text-indent: -13000px;
    height: 23;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}

h1
{
    width: 400;
}

and the other thing that's a bit odd is your doctype:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd";>

html 4 shouldn't have an XML namespace...

AFAIK the doctype you want looks like this:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd";>
<head>
     <title></title>
</head>

those two errors might be enough to cause IE to throw a wobbler...

;o)

--
http://wiki.workalone.co.uk
http://www.workalone.co.uk/ads.htm