Hi CJ,

Thanks for the information.  You more elegantly made some of the points I
was trying to make early.

I have not included your entire message here since I don't want to bring the
Internet to its knees. :)  However, I would add a couple of things:

=======================
Tip 1 - Skin files
=======================

[CTM] Your use of Skin files is doing basically what I was suggesting Brian
to do in ASP.NET 1.1.  Use CssClass and do NOT specify any of the other
format properties for a control.  With skins in 2.0 you are able to apply
the classes to all controls of the same type easily.  In 1.1 you would need
to set the CssClass for each control item for each control on each page.

=======================
Tip 2 - Extra Markup
=======================

[CTM] This is a good point.  The repeater is your friend when you don't need
all that the DataGrid (now DataView) offers.  This particularly applies to
generating dynamic lists.  The ASP.NET 2.0 navigation controls, as far as I
can tell, can't be told to use lists instead of tables so you can roll your
own using the repeater & the navigation classes.  Of course it should work
in 1.1 as well but you don't have the use of the SiteMap provider in that
case.

=======================
Tip 3 - CSS Files
=======================

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" runat="server" id="ssLayout"/>

[CTM] This is very cool, but how does this work?  How do you refer to the
ssLayout control server side?

But wait, there's more!  We have our own BasePage class(?) that we put
in our code behind instead of inheriting specifically from the default
asp.net one.

[CTM] Would you be willing to share this or at least describe in more detail
how you created your own BasePage class?  I would love to see it & use
something similar.

==
Ok, shutting up now
==

[CTM] Please, keep talking.  It is nice to hear from the ASP.NET + CSS
crowd...we seem to be few and far between.  Most ASP.NET programmers are
more concerned with the server side code and most CSS designers couldn't
care less about server side code.  We need to form a new list for ASP.NET +
CSS!

Chris