Hi Roger, thanks for your quick response.  You didn't miss the
beginning of the thread - I just left out enough details to give you
that impression - sorry.  ;)

I played around a bit with conditional statements, but found that they
didn't quite do it for me - I still couldn't figure out how to make IE
use a min-width and width:auto; the way that Firefox does.  The problem
with not having a min-width defined is that the buttons use background
images - if they're not wide enough the images get cut off and look
horrible.

I don't have the code posted anywhere yet, sorry.

Thanks,
Phil