Paul Menard wrote:
> Greeting all.
>
> When engaging a client my design team will for provide still image created
> via Photoshop to the
> client. Once the client accepts the design the design person will use Adobe
> ImageReady to produce
> HTML cut-ups. As you can guess the content of the pages is all nested table.
> If we want to produce
> good clean markup using CSS we have the basically rewrite much of the output
> from the design team.
> This seems like double work, Considering this is more a tool issue than the
> fault of the
> designers. What alternatives are there for this?

first off, have them not do the cut up in Image Ready?  saves them
time and you frustrating rework.

When I'm working for designers I ask them to supply a layered PSD and
a jpg render  of each page I then cut my own images from the PSD to
suit background and inline images as dictated by a semantic layout.

I can't think of a tool that could interpret a visual design in terms
of layers and backgrounds in the way I find necessary for building
with CSS.

Be kind of nice if there was though...

watching with interest.

--