Hi there,

I'm trying to finish up a redesign of my site and I have 2 issues I cannot for
the life of me
solve. The two may be related. Take a look at the site at:

http://www.pixelmech.com/ (site)
http://www.pixelmech.com/wp-content/themes/orangey/style.css (css)

You'll note the "pixelmech" logotype has a gradation behind it, and that it is
spaced some
distance down from the top of the page. If I add a global margin/padding
removal like so:

* {margin: 0; padding: 0;}

the space disappears. But I cannot for some reason actually find the culprit
individually that
does this.

Secondly, in the #base I am using a background image
(http://www.pixelmech.com/wp-content/themes/orangey/images/greenlogo_full.gif)
that I have set to
be at the position center top no-repeat.

For some reason, unless I add a border (same color as the body bgcolor) like so:

border: 1px solid #f90;

the bg image will jump down 100px or so. I don't know why this happens, nor why
the border "fixes"
it. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/
"I was in a convenience store reading a magazine and the clerk came up to me
and said "This is not a library". so I said, "All right, I will talk louder
then!"